- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 leeks, rinsed and sliced finely
- 8 cups water
- 6 tsp chicken flavoured stock powder
- 6 potatoes, peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan fry the leeksgently in the butter for 4 minutes with a lid on. Stir frequently.
- Add the water, potatoes and stock powder.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes until all vegetables are soft.
- Liquify with a stick mixer or blender. If the soup is too thick add a little water to thin it out.
- This a great winter soup to fill you up and packed full of vitamins.
- It will take you less than 20 mins to make and freezes well.
- I used chicken flavoured stock powder in the recipe to make it vegetarian but you can replace it with shop bought or homemade stock for extra flavour.
- I also stir a little cream or cream substitute for extra richness
- You can add a head of cauliflower to the soup (about 500 gm) when you add the potato