PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 6 hours
TOTAL TIME: 6 hours 10 mins
Slow Cooker Beef Stew is perfect for those busy days when you need a comforting bowl of beef stew for supper! It is also great for Shabbat lunch. I have adapted this recipe for South Africa.
Author: Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch
- 1 2 Kg chuck roast, cut into bite sized cubes (you could use goulash or stewing beef)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning (I used equal amounts of paprika, garlic salt and onion salt)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 kg red potatoes, cut into chunks, (ordinary potatoes are fine)
- 3 carrots, thickly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced into 1-inch slices
- 1 410g can fire-roasted tomatoes or rosa tomatoes (recipe for fire-roasted tomatoes http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_4551995_fire-roast-tomatoes.html)
- 3 cups beef stock
Spray the pot with non-stick spray, this makes cleaning easier. Put all the ingredients in the pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.