- 4 tomatoes, unpeeled and quartered
- 60ml lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar, if you don’t have brown sugar you can use white, it is just a little sweeter.
- Mix all ingredients together in a small pot. Allow to simmer over medium-low heat for 2 hours. Stir occasionally to prevent the tomatoes from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- If your family doesn’t use peels, simply remove the peels from the tomatoes after an hour of cooking. They should slide right off.
- When done, blend using a stick blender.