Tuna, egg noodle bake
- 500 gm egg noodles, you can use fettuccine noodles
- 1 packet mushroom soup mixed with ½ cup water
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 can tuna in water
- 1/4 cup chopped red peppers or peas (or a combination)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salticrax crushed for topping (or any crushed salty biscuit)
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C.
- Cook the egg noodles according to the directions on the package. Drain the noodles and set aside.
- Combine the soup, milk, sour cream, and mustard powder in a large bowl. Then, stir in the tuna and red peppers and/or peas. Finally, mix in the noodles.
- Lightly grease 20cm x 20cm square baking dish with cooking spray. Then, add the noodle mixture to the dish and spread it evenly.
- Crumble the biscuits on top of the casserole. Then, take the butter and slice into smaller pieces, dabbing 6-8 pieces around the cracker topping.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until bubbly and browned slightly on top. If you’d like to add a garnish, sprinkle with fresh thyme.